Security and Compliance
What is Done
This position provides quality assurance and improves compliance for technology implemented for University Operations Service Units by:
- Coordinating TRecs security projects.
- Coordinating IT risk assessments for University Operations departments.
- Coordinating audits with the university's Information Security Office (ISO), the university's Office of Internal Audits, and TRecs staff to ensure compliance of university, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Managing University Operations response to IT security incidents.
- Advising TRecs staff regarding security administration, implementation, and management.
- Managing network equipment such as switches, WAPS, and hardware firewalls.
- Performing or coordinating server, web application, and computer vulnerability scans.
- Managing annual Information Security Office Risk Assessment (ISORA)
How It Gets Done
The compliance and quality assurance work is accomplished by coordinating and performing work within TRecs work units, as well as working in partnerships with other IT departments within the university, such as ISO and Networking services.